Recipe: Halloween Pumpkin-Cheese Patties

30/10/2018

Lena Winkler explains what to do with the rest of your pumpkin gut leftovers from the Halloween season

Article Image

Image by

By Lena Winkler

We are approaching Halloween and everyone is preparing for a spooky night. However, the most exciting part of Halloween is the decoration - a pumpkin should not be missing there. But the question that arises every year is: "What am I going to cook with the pumpkin gut leftovers?" I have a delicious solution which is very quick and easy to make. These tasty pumpkin-cheese patties are perfect for the day after your Halloween night, when everything else seems to involve a bit too much effort. What you will need: - 1kg Pumpkin - Salt, Pepper - 4-6 tablespoons of flour - 250g of Feta - 3 eggs - 1/2 bunch of fresh dill - Olive Oil - 2 tablespoons of chopped pumpkin seeds What to do: - Separate the pumpkin seeds from the rest of the pumpkin gut. - Place the pumpkin gut in a sieve and salt it slightly. Let it sit for 20 minutes. - Squeeze the pumpkin-salt mix well to get rid of all the water and put it into a bowl. - Spread flour over the mix. - Roughly divide and add the feta, the whisked eggs and chopped dill to the bowl. Mix it all together. - Put oil into a pan, place one spoon of the mixture into the pan and fry it until it is golden brown on both sides. - Lastly, add some of the pumpkin seeds on top. - Enjoy!