Nice and icy

17/06/2014

Some cocktails to enjoy during the great British summer, written by someone from the wrong side of London.

Article Image

Image by

By

Strawberry Daiquiri with lime in a hurricane glass on a salted rim   Though you wouldn't know it from looking out of your windows, summer has supposedly arrived. With exams all but over, students all over campus naturally turn their thoughts to drinking enough alcohol to forget about them. So in the spirit of summer, if not in summery conditions themselves, Nouse has put together a collection of delightful summer beverages to enjoy while the summer rain pours down. Tip: Freeze the Long Beach Iced Tea and Pimms to produce ice lollies for the rare occasion that you may actually see some sun!   1. Elderflower 1 Part Gordon's Gin 1 Part Bottle Green elderflower cordial Combine all ingredients and top with tonic water.   2. Vodka Slush Puppy 45ml Absolut Citron 1 tbsp sugar Juice of half a lemon Splash of grenadine Place all ingredients in a covered glass. Freeze overnight and garnish with a slice of lemon to serve.   3. Vodka Cranberry Slush Puppy 1 Part cranberry juice 1 Part lemonade 2 Parts vodka Combine all ingredients and freeze overnight. Serve in a glass, topping up the frozen mixture with additional lemonade.   4. Long Beach Iced Tea 1 Part vodka 1 Part light rum 1 Part gin 1 Part tequila Combine all ingredients. Top up the glass with cranberry juice and crushed ice.   5. Pimms 1 Part Pimms 3 Parts lemonade Slices of orange and apple Mint leaves Mix the ingredients together. Add the slices of fruit along with the mint leaves.