Student News Campus News

YUSU announces Summer Ball Line-Up

Circa Waves announced as Summer Ball headliner

Image Credit: YUSU

This year’s YUSU Summer Ball Line-up has been announced after three years of postponement.

New and old acts will be joining the celebration at York Racecourse on 14 June to celebrate the end of exams.

The YUSU Summer Ball has been a staple of the University of York's end-of-year celebrations, with previous line-up acts ranging from Charli XCX, Becky Hill, and Twin Atlantic. This year’s Summer Ball is expected to have a turnout of three and a half thousand students to take over the Grandstand and adjoining suites.

This year’s headliner will be Circa Waves, an indie rock band from Liverpool. The band has recently released a new album: ‘Sad Happy’, which will be played alongside their older music at the event. The album has peaked at number four on the UK Album charts and has been loved by critics.

The two-person band, Sigma, will also be playing following their headlining act at the 2019 Summer Ball. The duo is known for their drum and bass DJ music which has amassed a large following in the UK. The band has collaborated with popular names such as Labrinth, Paloma Faith, and Ella Henderson.

Lastly, Lovely Laura and Ben Santiago will be playing Ibiza music, which will consist of a unique blend of saxophone and House music. They have played at numerous festivals and some of the world’s biggest clubs such as Tomorrowland and Creamfields.

This year’s Ball will not only include a diverse range of live music, but also fairground rides, street food, an in-house casino, and a silent disco. The event will also include free bus travel and a team of photographers.

In response to the line-up announcement, the YUSU president, Patrick O’Donnell has commented, “We are so excited to finally be hosting this amazing night once again! This year we have a range of musicians and artists performing at the Summer Ball, it’s guaranteed to be a great night and I can’t wait to see you all there celebrating!”

Tickets for the Summer Ball are now available on the YUSU website for £45.

Latest in Student News