City News News

York Christmas Market returns

Christmas stalls back in York for first time since 2019

Image Credit: DS Pugh

York's much anticipated Christmas Market will run this winter, organisers York BID and Make It York have confirmed.

The Christmas Market, known as St Nicholas Fair, was cancelled last year as a result of coronavirus restrictions. This year’s market will start on 18 November and end on 23 December.

Almost 70 stalls will be spread across their usual location, Parliament Street and St Sampson’s Square, selling trinkets, food and drinks. International cuisine will be on offer as well as the traditional cakes and mulled wine.

Thor's Tipi, a pop-up bar chain, will also be returning this year for the first time since 2019. Visitors will be able to visit a Thor’s Tipi bar on Parliament Street and another outside The Principal Hotel. Both bars will be open from 11 November to 2 January.

There will also be a Christmas merry-go-round on King Street if you fancy reliving your childhood.

York’s Christmas Market is one of the most celebrated in the UK. Whilst some cities have cancelled their Christmas markets this year, notably Leeds and Bath, residents and tourists alike have been thrilled that the return of York’s Christmas Market has now been confirmed.

Make It York has said that this year’s Christmas Market promises to be "bigger and better than ever."

Latest in City News