Campus News News

York Parties awarded contract to run YUSU Official club nights again

The new contract will provide students with four weekly official club nights during term time

Image Credit: Annie Watson

After an open multi-stage tender process, YUSU’s elected sabbatical team have awarded York Parties a two year contract to provide the official YUSU club nights. YUSU state that the bid from York Parties ‘most closely satisfied the requirements of the contract’ which are ‘comprised a range of prerequisites including, amongst others, health and safety, licensing law, established relationships with venues in town, as well as a financial agreement that guarantees funding for societies, sports teams, and college committees.’

Nouse has also been informed that this contract will include a new Thursday night venue. There is no confirmed location for this as of yet, nor is there any indication whether this venue will be on or off-campus. On this, YUSU have said that there will be more detailed information in the coming weeks, including the specific days and themes of each official club night.

The decision to award the contract to York Parties has been based on student consultation, which consisted of YUSU’s nightlife survey, as well as discussions with focus groups, college chairs, presidents and committees.

Nouse were also told that the new contract will have a wider focus on collating feedback from students’ experiences at the official club nights. YUSU said that this will take the form of ‘polls, focus groups and ambassador roles’. It is hoped that this will allow students more input in shaping York’s student nightlife.

On the news of the new contract, Adam Jay, owner and founder of York Parties said that they ‘are now working hard to deliver an outstanding and exciting programme of events for the 2021/22 academic year. We can’t wait to welcome everyone once again!’

In a similar sentiment, Sophie Kelly, YUSU Student Activities Officer said that “after a thorough tender process I’m excited to announce that we’ve chosen to continue working with York Parties who presented the best package for our Official Club Nights. I hope to see you all on the dancefloor soon!’

Latest in Campus News