Campus News News

Modularisation and semesterisation passed through Senate

Breaking News: proposals for modularisation and semesterisation have been passed through Senate, Matt Johnstone confirms.

Image Credit: John Husband

On 26 November, Academic Officer Matt Johnstone confirmed via a Facebook post that proposals for modularisation and semesterisation were voted through the Senate, despite what he called “explicit opposition” from the student representatives and officers who are on the committee.

While Nouse previously reported that the changes would be introduced in the 2022/23 academic year, Johnstone reported that changes will now be implemented a year later, in the 2023/24 academic year.

This leaves several years for the University to iron out the details, and for staff to adapt the curriculum to suit the changes. Johnstone revealed that “going forward, the University is laying out plans for a student consultation about the implementation of the proposals” and promised that he would provide another update when he had more information about this.

We will update this breaking news story as new details emerge and with comments from YUSU and the University.