Student News Campus News News

Third term rent cancelled for campus accommodation

Students are now able to cancel their tenancy with the University

Image Credit: Emily Hewat

Earlier today, students in campus accommodation received confirmation that they will be offered the option to cancel their accommodation contract with the University for the final term of this academic year.

If students do opt to cancel their contract there will be no charge for their accommodation from Tuesday 14 April, the start of summer term, and their contract will be cancelled. This information comes after all students still residing in campus accommodation were encouraged to return home if possible.

To terminate a tenancy agreement with the University early, students will have to complete a Covid-19 Request to Vacate form to make Accommodation Services aware that they wish to be released from their tenancy agreement. This includes students in Student Castle who booked directly through Accommodation Services.

Students that have already returned home for Easter break are being asked not to return immediately to collect belongings due to new government restrictions. Leaving belongings in campus accommodation does not mean students will have to pay rent next term. Students who have already left but still have keys are being asked to mail them back to their college reception if possible.

Campus accommodation does currently remain open for students who are unable to go home and whilst all catering facilities are closed for the foreseeable future, Nisa shops on campus remain open for students to purchase essential supplies. Security also remains on the campus 24/7. However, it will be operating at a reduced service. Student support teams including Open Door and Disability, Student Hub, Security and Colleges are still available to students remotely.

Communal areas such as kitchens and shared bathrooms within accommodation are being classed by the University as household areas and therefore Public Health advice on self-isolation will apply to students who remain at the university.

Over the next few days all students can expect to be contacted by Student Services to participate in a ‘location census’ as well as receiving further information from the University as the situation develops.

The Vice Chancellor, Charlie Jeffrey, concluded his email to students stating that he will “be in contact again in the coming days with further information, but in the meantime, keep checking your emails and the Covid19 webpages for new guidance and updates.” He also advises students to stay “healthy and safe”, and crucially, “follow the guidance provided by the Government and health services of the country where you reside.”

yolgi gim Posted on Sunday 5 Apr 2020

Ultra omega burn is the natural and effective supplement that help you to reduce weight by simply avoiding to overeat while sitting down at your meal and also increase your health. Order this supplement from its official site (link mentioned below)

ultra omega burn review

ZackRoss Posted on Sunday 5 Apr 2020

Damn it, everywhere in the world there are such big problems. But we still have to write exams. By the way, at this service for academic writing https://assignmentjunkie.co.uk/ u can find a lot of assignments and other papers with a similar topic. My friend worked there for a few months, he recommended this website.

Alex Posted on Sunday 5 Apr 2020

I thought this is a great news for the student.

junk hauling near me

Liam Posted on Sunday 5 Apr 2020

It may sound sad but this is also for everyone's good.

off-site link building

Danny Posted on Sunday 5 Apr 2020

Ohhh! sad news for our students, who are renting this dormitory. | My Coffee Machine

Jessy Posted on Sunday 5 Apr 2020

Campus accommodation is very important to all students but I think It needs to be cancelled. | Sleep Aids

Sam Posted on Sunday 5 Apr 2020

Hope everything will get back to normal. Cant believe these things are happening right now.
concrete contractors phoenix az