Roses Sport News & Features Sport

YUSU in search of student volunteers for Roses 2019

Image: YUSU

With the theme for Roses 2019 tournament being ‘Community’, YUSU is asking for volunteers to help in the lead up to and during the weekend of the Roses tournament against Lancaster University.

The roles available include:

Rosesmakers:
A role which includes guiding visiting spectators and crowds on where to go, naturally needing a good knowledge of campus as well as comfort in managing crowds and spotting potential issues.

Head Rosesmaker:
Students that will coordinate and facilitate the Rosesmakers as well as overseeing key ‘zones’ of the York campus, acting as the first point of contact for concerns raised by Rosesmakers and briefing teams before the starts of their various shifts.

Charity Champions:
These roles are for those with a passion for raising money, aiding York Sport’s two Roses charity partners, Beat and Student Minds, in maximising their fundraising efforts all throughout the tournament. Alternatively, creative artists that would like to be involved in the creation and running of the Roses Garden. In the role of ‘Charity Champion’, duties will include helping out on RAG stalls, selling refreshments to spectators and manning interactive community stalls around campus.

Following the example of the London 2012 Olympic Games, YUSU wants students that are passionate about giving back to their local community, ensuring that everyone in the York and Heslington communities can benefit from hosting Europe’s largest inter-university varsity tournament.

To get involved as a Rosesmaker, Head Rosesmaker or Charity Champion, apply for a role using this link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenSJdLH9T_83WkHLysuPuNnzB8uU66MlZsVrDrZGKH-DECig/viewform

For further information on the Roses Festival, Roses Garden or ‘Give it a Go’ sessions, contact Hailee Patten-Chatfield at h.patten-chatfield@yusu.org, and for more details on the volunteering programme, contact j.pledger@yusu.org.