City News News

Residents' festival features free events

Weekend long festival gives access to new locations for students and residents

Photo Credit: Gogglebox

Residents and students alike will be able to be a tourist in their own city this weekend.
Organised by Make It York and sponsored by Grand Central, the York Residents Festival, which is taking place on the 26 and 27 of January, will allow residents to explore the city and be tourists for the weekend, for free. Now in its 24th year, this year there’s the chance to explore behind the scenes with tours at a number of venues not usually open to the public, details at https://www.visityork.org/whats-on/residents-festival.

This includes opportunities such as a free one hour jump at Energi Trampoline Park at 5pm, 6pm and 7pm on both days, and the chance to explore patchwork and quilted treasures from The Quilters Guild Collection, which will show-case the creativity and beauty of these two crafts from the last three centuries. There are some dining and re-tail offers such as a complimentary starter or dessert with each main course ordered at Bella Italia after 12pm and a free tour of
Scottish whiskies at Il Gusto. For some of the attractions, tours and events, you’ll need to pre-book and that some venues have limited free tickets with  a first come, first serve policy.