City Freshers

Live events in York

York Theatre Royal [Image: ahisgett]
York Theatre Royal
This theatre has a great variety of productions: from to plays everybody has heard of to more obscure productions; from ballet to panto; from opera to Madagascar - The Musical.

To look out for:
No Such Thing as a Fish 28/10/18
Sense & Sensiblity 06/11/18 till 10/11/18
Madagascar - The Musical 26/02/19 till 02/03/19
Noughts & Crosses 02/04/19 till 06/04/19

Fibbers
Not just your midweek nightclub, Fibbers offer a range of live music from the likes of underground indie rock bands to live DJs.

To look out for:
Skinny Living 28/09/18 FREE SHOW
We Are Scientists 21/10/18
Live/Wire 27/10/18
Skindred 23/11/18

The Crescent
The centre offers a range of underground live music, comedy shows and a variety of community events. The Crescent is a favourite of the Music Team.

To look out for:
Skinny Pelembe 02/10/18
YAK 23/10/18
Jamali Maddix: Vape Lord 3/10/18

The Great Yorkshire Fringe
A summer festival that goes on in York City Centre during July each year. The festival features comedy, theatre and music from around Yorkshire.

The Basement
This is the place of some variety. From record fairs, quiz nights, tribute bands, open mic nights, cabaret and live music, they're sure to have what you're looking for!

To look out for:
Open Mic Night 06/10/18
Velma Celli Cabaret 13/10/18
Say Owt spoken-word season Ongoing
Laugh Out Loud Comedy Club Recurring events all year

NCEM
The National Centre for Early Music focuses on classical music and instrumental concerts and festivals that are held across the city.

To look out for:
Talisk 23/10/18
'Keep the Home Fires Burning' 10/11/18

Barbican
The big names of contemporary and classical music. Although they also host dance, theatre, film, stand-up and visual arts.

To look out for:
'Music That Saved A Decade' till 03/10/18
RY X with London Contemporary Orchetra 12/10/18
Jason Manford: Muddle Class 5/10/18
Echo and The Bunnymen 22/10/18

Grand Opera House York
Don't be fooled by the name, very little opera makes its way to the Opera House. Rather you'll get a a lot of comedy shows and musicals.

To look our for:
Dirty Dancing 08/10/18 till 13/10/18
Horrible Histories 30/10/18 till 03/11/18
Bowie Experience 02/12/18
It's in Your Nature to Destroy Yourselves: Nish Kumar 14/03/19

14 Comments

Claire Morley Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

Also lots of other theatre venues in town such as Friargate Theatre and 41 Monkgate. Wildgoose Theatre are performing Laura Wade's Colder Than Here at Friargate in October. https://ridinglights.org/colder-than-here/

David Brad Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

This has to be among the best ones I have found and they lean rather incomprehensible bands at random venues. If you have the
assignment writing application on your mobile it will go through your music and automatically add any band that is already in your library, and from there you can add more bands individually to follow or expand to see what "similar" artists are playing in your area.

osama shk Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.
is taiwan safe to go now

osama shk Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious...
Boiler installation

osama shk Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
indian visa for british citizens

osama shk Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it
radify

osama shk Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!
fyve derbyshire balance units chart

osama shk Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing.
Cheap Tickets Flights

kelly dimarco Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

Knock us we at Essay Help we are here to provide you all solutions for your Academics Research Writings, Reports, Assignment,Article, Thesis and Dissertation in a professional manner to mark you on the top in your career as you deserve the best and succeed with flying colors. Our expert writers will deliver you the best according to your needs and budget.

osama shk Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface.
ハワイアンジュエリー

osama shk Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention.
婚約指輪 福岡

farhan Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished! I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. Thank you.
best cable alternatives

farhan fave Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

I like this post,And I guess that they having fun to read this post,they shall take a good site to make a information,thanks for sharing it to me.
buy quality backlinks

john bond Posted on Sunday 29 Mar 2020

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives in depth information. Thanks for this nice article.
website design quotes