Fashion Fashion Features Muse

Interview: Athena Paginton

Make Up artist Athena Paginton talks about her inspiration for the minki presentation at LFW

DW: How did you prepare for the minki presentation?

AP: I gathered together my favourite embellishments and palettes as I knew I wanted to mix my world with Minki's. It's very important for me to be surrounded by positive energies so I built my core team which was made up of my friends who are both make- up artists and other creatives in the industry.

DW: Did the designer have an input into the final looks seen at the presentation?

AP: Yes - we held a system where I would design a look, and Minki, Erika (stylist) and I would adjust and direct the designs. I designed a total of four looks in the presentation test, all of which we built until we reached the nal designs which were shown for the presentation.

DW: What was your favourite makeup look from the presentation?

AP: My favourite looks were on the models Chanel, Yuki and Olive. My team and I applied jewelled brows onto the girls with a contrasting watercolour wash onto their lids. We played around with a variety of colours for the paints - all of which were hand mixed on the day. Everything else stayed minimal to keep the focus on the eyes.

DW: Have you always been interested in makeup artistry?

AP: Make-up happened quite naturally from painting onto bodies during art lessons in school... it was then that I discovered make-up and knew that I needed to move to London to pursue my career here!

DW: What advice would have for any aspiring makeup artists?

AP: My advice for aspiring makeup artists is to never give up. To contact as many artists as possible to create the opportunities that you want for yourself.