York Sport Column The Mixer Hockey Varsity Sport News & Features Sport

Goodricke fall short in Hockey B match

St. Cuthbert's seal the deal last minute, defeating Goodricke 2-0

Image: Cesar Falco

The 11:30 Hockey B match started extremely well for the onlooking fans, with both teams producing an exciting, end to end opening period. Goodricke almost took the lead against St. Cuthbert's College through a short corner early on, and had another chance soon after following a good steal and an excellent run, with the Goodricke man beating three only to have his shot saved.

It was St. Cuthbert's that struck first, through a snaking run and a lucky deflection from a Goodricke tackle in the area. Shortly after the opener, the home side then had two short corners in quick succession, both of which were wasted, meaning the score stayed 1-0 going into half time.

Following the break, St. Cuthbert's had another short corner which they used well, creating a chance for themselves with some intricate passing, forcing a good save from the Goodricke goalkeeper. Goodricke used this as motivation to try and turn the game around, entering a spell of strong pressure, hitting the post from a short corner of their own. Unfortunately for them, St. Cuthbert's were capable defensively and withstood the pressure well, breaking away to score a second with little time left. This took the wind out of Goodricke, who couldn't reply to St. Cuthbert's two goals.

The game ended St. Cuthbert's 2-0 Goodricke, with three points going to Durham.

Kert Posted on Wednesday 30 Sep 2020

Thank you so much for this artlice, it saved me time!

Diandra Posted on Wednesday 30 Sep 2020

It's spooky how clever some ppl are. Thknsa!

Makaila Posted on Wednesday 30 Sep 2020

free auto insurance quotes Mount Prospect IL

Lark Posted on Wednesday 30 Sep 2020

darlehensrechner