Freshers Sport Campus Freshers

Club Profiles: Climbing (Mountaineering)

How to get involved with Climbing at the University of York

Images This article has had its images hidden due to a legal challenge. Learn more about images in the Nouse Archive

Image: Maria Ly

Image: Maria Ly

About the sport:

We're primarily a climbing club, with members participating in all forms of climbing - bouldering, trad (traditional climbing) and sport climbing. Climbing is a great sport that is both mentally and physically involved, and it's great fun!

When trials are:

We don't yet know when team tryouts will be. You can find us at the Freshers Fair and/or join our mailing list to stay in the loop. At some point during the first few weeks of term we will be holding a taster session that caters for all abilities at Red Goat, our local bouldering wall.

Why you should give it a go:

People join Mountaineering because climbing is a really fun sport. We're a friendly group of mixed ability that are always welcoming new members. Total beginners can easily get into climbing, in fact a large number of our members were total beginners before they came to York.

Latest in Freshers Sport

Alexandra Posted on Wednesday 7 Oct 2015

Instant coffee l ad r p y d Instant ttp !! c l b g d . ay n l s tt b c l c s t n al lr e d k tt r ?? m dtt b c l k r c n v s t n .. al lr k dd ok k t t a d . m dd v r l vrk m n dd ttp aash ck ddd an e t l mns n uur k b dd t n n .. uu..h .. v ndd l d !! ar j tt g al lr m d ttp y c n n d k dhn yv d l !!