Fashion Shows Web Exclusives Muse

London Fashion Week AW16: Day Two Summary

All the drama, excitement and movement from the second day of London Fashion Week

Georgia Harding

IMG 1977
Images: Malik Haddington-Ahmed

IMG 2057

The day got off to a chic start with billowing fabrics, clean cuts and structured lines from Georgia Harding's collection hosted in Elms Lester Painting Rooms. Inspired by lenticular techniques, her collection set off revelations of images when observed at a certain angle. This was inspired on her wanting to reflect upon stellar parallax, the movement of stars depending on the observers' positions. Signature pleats, flowing fabrics and metallic foils to capture the light served the essence of this glorious Autumn Winter collection. Bursts of cobalt blue, deep magenta and ivory made for vibrant accents through the dark, midnight tones of the collection. Coupled with the feminine silhouette, the playful designs sparked intrigue and made for a timeless showcase.

Roberts Wood

DSC 0154
Image: Deborah Lam

An intense and constructed setting, the show saw models twist, bend and slowly contort their bodies;setting the clothing in motion.

Keji

IMG 2163
Image: Malik Haddington - Ahmed

Presented outdoors in Golden Square, behind the British Fashion Council, we were greeted with a sculptured show in the form of a perspex box filled with snow, an attempt at a modernist snow globe. Models inside the cube were adorned in an eclectic mix of fabrics and designs including signature denim, metallic and flak jackets. The tailoring was a statement in itself by endorsing a long skirt, which transformed into jeans and a velvet velour which revealed a tonal stripe.

James Kelly

DSC 0779
Deborah Lam

A theatrical setting, featuring outwear pieces that were inspired by Francis Bacon. A predominantly black palette with dashes of striking silver and multicolored make up.

Markus Lupfer

JNGR0401
Image: Jack Richardson

Markus Lupfer featured repeated floral motifs, flashes of earthy and neutral colours and captured that early fresh feel within the fabrics; the swathes of fabric essentially makes for a statement piece but carries with it a timeless effect.

Ashley Isham

JNGR0717
Image: Jack Richardson

Incorporating modern pieces with works of art, Ashley Isham delivered generously with the head wear and accessories; interweaving canary yellow and gold into the more somber blacks, with the golden finger tips, studded trousers and delicate sequins adorning the models faces.

Leaf Xia

DSC 0005
Image: Deborah Lam

A bold and strident mix of eye catching colours. Outfits formed from shapes cut out, and pieced back together, showing the influence of child's play.

Fashion International

12443876 10154008181104090 2022945528 o (1)
Image: Raymond Wong

Fashion International exhibited an array of talent from upcoming designers from around the world. The show provided a contrast to the often outlandish outlook of fashion week by hosting an elegant ensemble of wearable designs.

Gareth Pugh

Gareth Pugh
Image: Deborah Lam

The iconic designer featured his AW16 collection in an awe-inspiring fashion. Situated in an opened out Freemasons Hall, with the religious backdrop and baroque style of a church's interior, the dramatic show was complete with the sounds of the organ spilling into the room.