Fashion Muse

PPQ - LFW SS16 Show Report

The star-studded show boasted an electric mix of 70s style and Far Eastern influences

London-based design duo Amy Molyneaux and Percy Parker's Spring/Summer collection was an eclectic and dynamic mix of old and new, influenced by the idea of a lost dynasty. Blacks mini dresses with mosaic cut-outs and white low-neck jumpsuits made for wearable and elegant evening wear. This was coupled with vivid patterns and ruffle details said to be inspired by the Far East.
Image: James Hostford
Image: James Hostford

The PPQ show blended modern tailoring with 70s style. Electric blue co-ords styled with extravagant gemstone jewellery courtesy of Rocks & Co made for a sophisticated look. Juxtaposed to the sharp tailoring was a delightful combination of bell-bottomed flares and flowing gypsy tops, which harked back to the 70s.

Image: James Hostford
Image: James Hostford

The anticipation surrounding PPQ's catwalk show was evident in the flurry of celebrities that attended the event. Former Made in Chelsea stars Millie Mackintosh and Kimberly Garner as well as rising R&B talent Tallia Storm all took their seats on the front row. It was this electrifying excitement that perpetuated through the collection and resonated among the audience that made PPQ's catwalk show one to remember.

Image: James Hostford
Image: James Hostford

Isa Posted on Tuesday 25 Feb 2020

You're a real deep theinkr. Thanks for sharing.