Fashion Fashion Features Muse

That summer state of mind

Outfit inspiration for this sunny season, wherever you are

Festival

Picture 2
The festival vibe is truly at its peak this summer, with brands such as Topshop and River Island flaunting their new specially adapted collections. To capture this look team vintage high waisted shorts with bright tribal patterning, and don't forget those all important wellies! Add a hint of glamour with these glitter pots and crown hair charms; perfect for a more chilled out hippy look. Clockwise: Reclaimed Vintage Levi 501 Shorts in Light Blue, Asos £40.00; Earrings, Missguided £4.99; Hunter Wellies £95; Embroided Playsuit, Warehouse £42.00; Charm Hair Crown, Asos £10.00; Folk Tee, Topshop £35; Retro sunglasses, River Island £13.00; Cuzco Backpack, Topshop £36.

City Break

Picture 4

It's always important to keep your cool when on holiday in a city because the last thing you want be is uncomfortable. The ensemble of choice for this summer should be a midi skirt and a structured crop top. Breezy enough to keep you cool but glam enough to take you from day to night. As for footwear, trainers are a must. A note about the Gazelles: make sure you wear them in before exploring a city in a day in them. A gorgeous bag and a pair of mirrored sunnies are also vital. Clockwise: Mirrored Sunnies, Mango £17.99; Skirt, Zara £29.99; Crop top, Topshop £36; Trainers. Adidas £65; Bag, Asos £70.

Garden Party

Picture 7

For those of you who are celebrating summer a little closer to home we've put together a classy, yet relaxed look for the classic British barbecue. These cool blue floating dresses and floral print trousers are perfect for embracing the summer spirit whilst still keeping you covered in case the weather turns truly British! Don't forget to add some flat-buckle shoes to capture the outdoors look while staying on trend. This summertime team blues with off-whites to keep your look fresh and sophisticated. Clockwise: Blouse, Zara £29.99; Buckle-Shoes, Dorothy Perkins £15; Print Trousers, Miss Selfridge £28; Broderi Dress, Warehouse £55; Embellished Clutch, Miss Selfridge £35; Maxi-Dress, H&M £29.99; Straw Bag, H&M £24.99.

Beach Escape

Picture 9

I for one am a shade baby and so for me, cover ups are essential to my beach attire. This one ticks all the boxes. Striped, not too short, covers the shoulders, just perfect. Just pair with a pair of wedges and lippy for the evening. A black bikini is the easiest way to look chic on the beach. Topped off with a straw fedora and a plain pair of espadrilles and you are good to go. And just to make the look even more beachy, stack neon friendship bracelets as high up your arm as you fancy. Clockwise: Dress, GAP £29 (in the sale!); Hat, H&M £7.99; Bikini. Topshop £13 & £8; Espadrilles, Asos £10; Bangles, New Look £5.99.