Sport News & Features Sport

Week 6: Sporting news in brief

All of this week's sporting news in brief from across campus

york sport union website banner

Vision: we challenge you
With York Sport announcing that bubble football will be coming to the University on the 6th June, we'd like to officially challenge York Vision to a grudge match in an epic clash of the titans (of student journalism, anyway). You're going to get slaughtered!

Nouse sponsor charity match
We are proud to announce that we will be sponsoring a rugby 10s tournament in support of Campaign4Rob, a keen rugby player who was paralysed in a car accident just days before he was due to take his place at the University. Please get your mates together and enter a team!

Inter-uni VX comes to York
The University of York is set to host the world's first inter-university VX tournament on the 21st June. Scouts from England's University Squad will also be coming as they look for new talent at VX's biggest event of the year. Best of luck to all involved!

Women on committee
Only two men will sit on the York Sport Committee as of July after 80 per cent of the elected positions were filled by women. This signifies a huge increase in female representation on student union committees. The committee will be place for the next academic year.

York Sport Race Day
The York Sport Union will be holding a race day on Friday 13th of June. Let's hope that it's not unlucky for some!