Fashion Ones to Watch Web Exclusives Muse

Review: Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair

Nouse fashion reviews the recent Vintage fair in York.

Set in the appropriately aged and beautiful hospitium, in the Museum Gardens, Judy's affordable vintage fair brought hoards of bargain hunters to York last Sunday. The relatively small, two floored venue gave way to a spectrum of vintage fashion dating from the 1920's to 1990's.

While most vintage fairs in my experience only cater for the ladies, this fair also had a well-stocked men's section, selling beautiful clothes, shoes, wallets and cufflinks. Upstairs also had a small range of home and kitchen accessories, which was a refreshing change. It certainly lived up to its name with plenty of great pieces being sold at extremely cheap prices.

It sold all the expected 'go to' vintage pieces such as 1980's embellished tops at £12, Christmas jumpers at £20, fur coats (real) from £60, and faux from £30 and high-waisted Levi's shorts for £15. Music from the last century was played loudly, creating a cheerful shopping experience and tea and cakes were sold to those weary from a day of hard shopping.

vintagefair
To grab yourself some great vintage pieces YUSU and Britain Does Vintage is on campus on Friday 1st Novemeber in James Dining Hall from 1pm to 5pm.