Fashion Trends Web Exclusives Muse

The Trends: Pink

British winter, there is one light at the end of the tunnel. And that light is a lovely shade of pink. Izzy Ashton explains where you can get the look.

Credit: AW13 - Simone Roche, Carven, Richard Nicoll

As we prepare ourselves for another, infamous, British winter, there is one light at the end of the tunnel. And that light is a lovely shade of pink. Pink is the colour for AW'13 and it couldn't be in a prettier shade. Winter wardrobes are characteristically dark, sultry and can sometimes be a little dull. But all it takes is a little splash of pink to brighten up a dreary morning. The shade varies from a faint blush to deep magenta. Just avoid the eye watering neon shade that dominates the festival scene because this pink is all grown-up. A port-a-loo?? No thank you! It is a colour that can be worn head to toe (a la Simone Rocha) or simply as a subtle addition to an otherwise dark ensemble-see the Topshop satchel for subtly at its best. A coat is the way to rock this trend throughout winter; just avoid riding your bike in it. Look to Carven from the catwalk for perfect dressing gown chic and Zara on the high street for a gorgeous pale number. Although not a particularly complementary shade for the paler of skin among us, layer on the bronzer (maybe even a splash of fake tan) and your problem is solved. Add a spot of pink to your transitional September wardrobe to stay one step ahead of the game. Worn on your feet or clutched in a hand, just make sure that this winter you are the prettiest in pink.

Credit: Zara.com
Credit: Zara.com