Fashion Trends Web Exclusives Muse

The Trends: Checks

Beware you Indians. The cowboys are in town and they're looking pretty damn good. Izzy Ashton explains where you can get the look.

Credit: Celine and Saint Laurent A/W '13

Beware you Indians. The cowboys are in town and they're looking pretty damn good. The catwalks for AW'13 were awash with checkered ensembles, worn head-to-toe or simply tucked under an arm as channeled by Phoebe Philo at Celine. As we all know, what Phoebe says, we do. Fabrics were made of everything from sheer cotton to flannelled checks to recycled laundry bags. And of course, what starts on the catwalk then trickles down to the high street. Look to Uniqlo for perfect (and very affordable) flannel shirts with mismatched panels. Wear with black dresses and tousled hair to be a Saint Laurent rock chick. Better still, go vintage and rummage through a dad/brother/boyfriend's wardrobe for the baggier look. To re-create the head-to-toe outfit, you need not look any further than the ever incredible Zara (this, this, and also this from Uniqlo), who's AW'13 collection is one the best they've ever produced. Checks are the perfect addition to a winter wardrobe, adding effortless pattern when all is grey and dreary. Mis-match your plaid and add a pair of trainers for off-duty cool or simply add heels and a bright red lipstick (Chanel's Rouge Allure in Passion is the perfect shade) and you are all good to go.

Credit: zara.co.uk
Credit: zara.co.uk

Anonymous Posted on Wednesday 30 Sep 2020

It's the 90's Tartan comeback not from fucking cowboys. Fashion on this site is so off.