Top Sport Story Sport News & Features Web Exclusives Sport

Kukri announced as new sports kit supplier

York Sport President Cassandra Brown has announced that the Preston-based kit supplier Kukri will provide the University's sports team with kit and leisurewear for the next two years

Photo credit: Chris Woo
Photo credit: Chris Woo

York Sport President Cassandra Brown has announced that the Preston-based kit supplier Kukri will provide the university's sports team with kit and leisurewear for the next two years.

On a blog post on the YUSU website, Brown explained "we were able to negotiate the best possible prices with Kukri as well as acknowledging the quality of kit that Kukri pride themselves on, resulting in our decision to choose them."

Brown was also keen to point out that York's clubs would also benefit from an "excellent high quality service" that could see orders delivered in just two weeks.

Clubs would also be able to choose their own kit designs online. "Based on their [Kukri's] website, clubs can use this tool to select a design and tailor it to their own specifications around the black and gold branding of the York Sport Union." This includes personalised leisurewear.

The announcement comes just two months since York Sport announced that it would not be renewing its contract with previous kit supplier Surridge after several clubs, most noticeable the Hockey Club, complained of lengthy delays in delivery.

James Hope, the Hockey Club's president, welcomed the move by York Sport, adding: "We welcome the change particularly because for the last two years we have had unfulfilled orders from Surridge, so we look forward to the new partnership."

Jam man Posted on Monday 27 Jan 2020

I like wearing clothes. Particularly sports clothes... Mmmm sports clothes...