Fashion Trends Web Exclusives Muse

The Hot List: August Edit

Wayfarers, Vans and a Yankees cap are top of the list for the August heat, says Izzy Ashton.

tumblr_ly0s07Vtkg1qmty0wo1_500

August is the time that is meant to be the peak of summer. But English weather is no longer traditional and so it can be rather a transitional month. The heat-wave that we're experiencing at the moment however is set to last (much to the general populations' delight!) For some August can equal weeks abroad but for others if might be hours spent behind a desk. So below are a few products that can be handy whether you're sweating it out on a beach or daydreaming behind a computer screen.

image1xl-2

Carrera Sole Wayfarer, £99

The frames to rock this summer most definitely are from Carrera. Seen on the likes of Cara Delevingne, these clear framed beauties are your answer to hung-over summer mornings. Can be worn on the train ride to work without appearing too severe, or out for drinks on a balmy summers evening. The mirrored lenses are also bang on trend for Summer 2013 (and they make for excellent selfies! #everyoneknowstheydoit)

1f1260af-9ace-4df3-b540-a75555a91b5f

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Hyde Park, £17.50

Get one step ahead of the Autumn/Winter '13 trends and add a wine coloured lip pencil to your make-up bag. Dab on with a finger for a stained look or apply directly from the tube for a stronger colour. The dark colour looks fabulous against dewy, tanned skin but equally as striking for after-work drinks. A lip pencil is your go-to staple for this month when a full face of make-up just feels too much.

images-19

Vans Authentic by Liberty, £54.99

Vans are the trainer brand for the summer and what with Liberty designing four different colour-ways for the brand, they are an essential for your August wardrobe. These pink flowery ones can be worn for a picnic in the park or pair them with a summer dress for casual cool. Oh and by the way, Office do student discount...

10115458

Collection 2000 Blue Mascara, £2.99

If there's one thing that is proven to make you look more tanned, it would be coloured eye make-up. And the colour of the summer is a bright, amazing blue. There are several around the shops at the moment but for a cheap and cheerful mascara that definitely won't break the bank, look no further than Boots own brand Collection 2000. Rock blue lashes at a festival for extra glam points or wear to work to have the office wondering about how on earth you look so fresh.

10155349

Aussie Beach Mate Intensive Conditioner, £4.99

This one, I'm afraid, may have to be reserved for those who have actually been to the beach...Aussie are the masters in creating hair products that really DO do the trick and smell amazing too. This new 3-minute miracle treatment is no exception. Although swimming in the sea does make you feel fantastic, your hair may beg to differ. Frazzled and dry and impossible to control, post-beach hair can be a nightmare. But smooth a bit of this Aussie conditioner through the ends of your hair and all your worries vanish down the plughole.
061230a

New Era New York Yankees Cap, £10

Steal this one from the boys and make it the only thing you put on your head this summer. Wear pulled down low over the face to block out the sun (and those unwelcome fellow commuters) or turn it backwards for instant 90's throwback street cred. Just make sure to wear your cap with a bit of confidence otherwise you can end up looking like a small child at their sports day, whose mum has forced a hat on their head.