Fashion Trends Muse Uncategorised

Spend, Save, Steal: Get Catty

Izzy Ashton brings you cat-eyed shades to both smash the budget and soothe your pocket.

Sunglasses are the ultimate accessory. They have the ability to completely transform an outfit from smart to playful all in the addition of a perfectly placed embellishment. The power that a pair of sunglasses can have, and the confidence they can give to the wearer is emulated by the queen of glasses herself, Anna Wintour. Never seen without them, Wintour doesn't seem to have aged at all in the last thirty years. Her secret? A perfect pair of sunglasses. The sunglasses shape of choice this summer is tortoiseshell and cat-eyed, flattering and chic. Flicked up at the corners to give the appearance of an extra 4 hours sleep and a complimentary shade of tortoiseshell, these sunglasses are your go to pair in times of need or just when you need to add a little glamour to your outfit. Read on to find your own confidence booster.

SPEND: ILLEVESTA CLAIRE SUNGLASSES CFL027_1806013_ISS009-4

£108, Illesteva. Splash (all) your cash on these beauties by new brand Illesteva. Each pair is made by hand and promises to add glamour to every look you pair them with. Pricey for a pair of sunnies I hear you cry but remember, proper UV protection is key and these cat-eyed wonders will provide that. There you go mum: I'm protecting my eyes by this investment, and still looking a million bucks!

SAVE: TORTOISESHELL ACETATE CAT EYE SUNGLASSES

CFL027_1806013_ISS009

£45, Urban Outfitters. These frames from Urban Outfitters are a sure fine way to take you from dull to dashing in one swoop. A darker shade of tortoiseshell, these are the naughty little sister of the Wayfarer. They suggest parties and nights out: not a sofa or Primark pajama in sight. They ooze a certain amount of allure, leaving a little, but not too much, to the imagination.

STEAL: BROWN TORTOISESHELL CAT EYE SUNGLASSES 629717_rollover

A steal at £10, this pair from River Island may not protect your eyes but they will help give your summer outfit that little bit of extra flair. Throw them into your bag for those moments when a little protection is needed, be that from the sun or just the world outside, may it be at hung-over breakfasts or an early lecture. Rely on a cat's eye to keep you looking glam and to hide those dark circles.