Roses Lacrosse Web Exclusives Sport

Roses 2013 Preview: Lacrosse

The Lacrosse Club have enjoyed a fantastic season in the BUCS leagues, and will be expecting to carry that form into Roses

Image: Philippa Grafton.
Image: Philippa Grafton.

Fixtures

Mixed: Saturday 12.30pm, 22 Acres
Women's 1sts: Sunday 12pm, 22 Acres
Men's 1sts: Sunday 2pm, 22 Acres

Points on offer: 12

2012 results

Mixed: York 9-4 Lancaster
Men's 1sts: York 12-3 Lancaster
Women's 1sts: 20-3 Lancaster

Chris Menon, Club President

How have the club performed so far this season?
"The club this season has performed the best in years with both the Men's and Woman's team topping their league, with both teams getting into the BUCS Cup Finals."

What are you expecting from your Roses fixtures this year?
"This year we are expecting some good matches, and we are expecting 3 big wins. However, due to the big changes in Lancaster's Lacrosse Teams we expect the matches to be a lot closer this year."

Why should people come and watch your matches?
"We would love to get as many people down to support us as possible, it is a great opportunity to see Lacrosse being played and learn much more about the sport. As mentioned previously, this year will be a much more competitive affair, which will give the viewers a much greater show."

Nouse Verdict

It has been a superb year for the Lacrosse Club, and they will be hoping to cap a fine season with a repeat of last year's Roses results. Lancaster's lacrosse teams have both had reasonably good seasons, suggesting that things should be somewhat closer than they were in 2012, but after the form they have shown in league and cup competition this season York have to be heavy favourites. It's in fixtures like this that the White Rose can't afford to slip up if the Carter-James Trophy is to return to Yorkshire.