Fashion Shows Web Exclusives Muse

Paris Couture 2013 - Elie Saab Show Report

Revealing his new couture collection on the runway of the Pavillon Campon Capucines, Elie Saab succeeds in capturing the infinite femininity of his garments. His designs, bedazzled with lace, sequins, beading and glitter, called for elegance and grace in the 21st century. By partnering these elegant components with a tailored and flirty runway style, Saab is able to maintain his classy signature look, embracing the 1950s era with dexterity and poise.

elie-saab-2012-2013-haute-couture-collection-24

Through his use of material contrast and fused textures and embellishments, Saab's designs remain the talk of Paris Couture Week as a whole; his ability to embody timeless style in a sense of the fairytale continues to amaze. His runway consisted of many variations of cocktail and evening dresses, not once including any masculine features such as trousers or suits into his collection emphasizing his ultra-feminine take. His creations ranged from floor length and somewhat provocative lace dresses to shorter vibrant pieces, all with the womanly figure in mind.

elie-saab-2012-2013-haute-couture-collection-46

Although maintaining a tailored uniformity, Saab's designs capture the 'Ode to Delicateness' he hoped to achieve throughout his collection. The dresses, muted in colour, shone brightly through the delicate intricacies of lace, synthesising romantic fabrics and adornment. His passion to embrace the glamorous woman was evident through his bridal ensemble of ivory crinolines and floral lace. The royal-esque design fitted perfectly alongside his previous collections, minimizing the use of factors such as colour to enhance such components as shape and detail. His bridal ensemble remains a showstopper as it does every season with Elie Saab. The collection as a whole suggests that high street fashion could feature a multitude of fabrics and embellishments alongside muted colours and extravagant silhouettes.