Food & Drink The Recipe Muse Uncategorised

The Recipe: Andy's Roast Lamb

Our Come Dine With Me winner, Andy Adenmosun, explains how to prepare his award-winning roast shoulder of lamb.

Pre-heat the oven to 200degC for 15 mins. Place the lamb on a flat surface, and pierce it several times on both sides to allow the flavours to penetrate into the meat.

Vigorously rub the lamb in olive oil, sprinkle the black pepper over it then rub the chopped garlic cloves all over the meat and into the insertions.
Pour the lamb stock on the meat and leave it to sit for 5 minutes in order to allow the meat to soak up the stock and infuse the aroma.

Mix the chopped rosemary, dried mint and herbes de provence in a bowl then robustly rub the mixture onto the lamb. Add the zest of half an orange and the juice of a whole orange to the lamb then generously pour the red wine over the meat. Lastly, cover the lamb in the chopped onions, place foil over it then leave to cook for two and half hours (drain out the juices from the lamb every 45 mins and use as a gravy).
For best results use a roasting dish and place in the middle of the oven.

Peel and chop the potatoes into halves, once done place them into a pot and then add the goose fat, chopped garlic & dried mint. Let the potatoes cook in the goose fat, without adding any water (180degC) for 15 minutes. Once the potatoes reach a fluffy texture place them into a baking tray and let them roast for 1 hour. Place two sprigs of rosemary over the potatoes before roasting for added flavour.

THE INGREDIENTS

2kg shoulder of lamb
300ml lamb stock
Mint, rosemary, herbes de Provence
Zest &juice 1 orange
500ml red wine
2 onions, chopped
2kg King Edward potatoes
200g Goose fat
1 tbsp Dried mint