Fashion Trends Muse Uncategorised

The Hot List

Cocktails, denim shorts, and fringes make this week's Hot List

Despite the heavy showers, one cannot be oblivious to the fact that the Summer season is fast approaching. Therefore I feel obliged to make a recommendation for the ladies in non-other than Runwaydreamz exquisite custom-made denim shorts. For those of you who are not in the know about this trendy & eccentric brand check out www.runwaydreamz.com and have a glimpse online at their wonderful collection. Just as Runwaydreamz states on their website "the best part is that each piece is made by hand, upholding the highest standards in quality for remarkably special, one-of-a-kind designs".

Andrew Adenmosun

In this day and age when the term 'stylish celebrity children' comes up the first names that spring to mind are the likes of Suri Cruise, Kingston Rossdale, Brooklyn Beckham and Willow Smith to say the least. However, a less predictable choice as my favourite child fashionista, is none other than Tavi Gevinson. At the age of 15 she is the creator of the world renowned fashion blog 'style rookie' which has been recognised by magazines such as Vogue, Harper's Bazaar and Love. Already an expert in the world of fashion, by the looks of things it seems like success is the only way forward for this young star.

Andrew Adenmosun

Sweeping across the foreheads of up-and-coming actresses and experienced catwalk models alike is the 'Baby Fringe', first seen on the head of Rooney Mara, of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo fame. Created by hairstylist Danilo Dixon, with the idea that Mara's character 'Lisbeth Salander' would need to keep her hair out of her eyes during all-night hacking sessions, Mara decided to keep the statement haircut. Soon after the blunt, short fringe, which stops just above the eyebrows, cropped up on the Autumn/Winter Calvin Klein, Marni and Versace catwalks, and now takes centre-stage in YSL's latest add campaign. Men? Think the Gallagher Brothers. Classy Birds? Think Holly Golightly. Boho Babes? Think Zoe Kravitz. The Not-So-Bold? Get down to Topshop's Hersheson Blow Dry Bars and get yourself a Winge, a stick-on version, £30.

Rachel McIver

The experts at Kanon Organic Vodka and Apotheke have recently combined their love of food with high fashion and concocted cocktails inspired by the New York Spring/Summer '12 catwalk collections. The team at Kanon asked five different designers about their runway collections and the answers were then transformed into glamorous drinks, mingling flavours like cactus pear and cherry with fresh lime puree. The cocktail that really caught our eye was the aptly named "Red Savage", inspired by Katie Gallagher's S/S '12 collection. Her catwalk flaunted fierce, blood red garments coupled with stern topknots, and these were perfectly reflected in the drink, which boasts a fusion of agave nectar, ginger and snow peas. It's high time to ditch your now distinctly average Cosmos and Woo Woo's.

Jess Holland