Football College Cup Sport

College Cup team of the tournament

The Nouse XI who made the difference for their college, and for your fantasy team

SEB TREASURE - The Derwent keeper is a superb shot stopper with incredible agility. When these skills are put in conjunction with a long kick and a propensity to command his area with authority make him one of the best goalkeepers in College football. His performance in the quarter final penalty shoot out gets him the nod over the equally brilliant Jonny Sim.

DOM PETSCHAK - Petschak has been immense for his team this year, a constant inspirational presence in the heart of the defence who has an uncanny knack of heading absolutely every ball. Has chipped in with a few important goals at the other end as well.

NATHAN MCCUSKER - The emblematic player in the surprise package of the tournament. His three goals and man of the match award made him influential in helping James thirds to qualify whilst their first team could only make it into the Plate.

ZIGGY HEATH - What more is there to say about the top fantasy point scorer and heart of the Vanbrugh defence? With five goals and three clean sheets to his name he has been an integral part of a team that improved hugely from an opening day loss to a narrow semi-final defeat.

JON GILL - Gill has been deadly from long throws and long range, playing well for both the firsts and the seconds in his college. A brace in the quarter-finals of the Plate, including the goal of the tournament, and the winning goal in the Cup quarter-final against Goodricke showed how invaluable he was.

BRUCE RAWLINGS - Rawlings will leave a big gap in the Wentworth side when he leaves next year. His running and strenth in the midfield has been difficult to match, leading to two man of the match awards.

CONOR BRENNAN - The former UYAFC Captain has turned on the style on the JLD this year. Displaying a level of technique and skill that has been breathtaking at times, he has been hugely important for his side. A stunning goal when his team needed him most in the semis shows he is a big game player.

GRAHAM KIMBER - The Alcuin man was a bright spot on the grass for his side in the winter and has carried his good form into the Cup. Blessed with speed and skill Kimber has been a handful and was simply too much for Derwent thirds as he orchestrated a 7-0 thrashing.

LUKE CHARLES - Luke Charles is the talismanic figure for the talented Halifax seconds. His range of passing and touch in the middle of the park have been impressive whilst his drive and will to win has been inspirational. Three man of the match awards and three goals games illustrate just how good he's been.

HAMISH DENHAM - Has pace and power in abundance. He has turned out to good effect for both the thirds and seconds in his college. A firsts place surely beckons next season if he continues with the same goal scoring ratio and confidence.

JON GARNESS - As an out and out striker no one has been able to match Jon Garness for effectiveness and his total of 12 goals over the course of the competition, for both Derwent seconds and thirds, is yet to be matched; a lethal finisher