Roses Sport

Lancaster outclassed in Mixed Lacrosse

York's mixed lacrosse team cruised to a 17-8 victory over an outclassed Lancaster outifit early on Day two of Roses (Thumbnail credit Photograph by George Lowther)

UNIVERSITY OF LANCASTER 8
UNIVERSITY OF YORK 17

York's mixed lacrosse team cruised to a 17-8 victory over an outclassed Lancaster outifit early on Day two of Roses.

The result of the match was beyond doubt by half-time as York had opened up a commanding 9-2 lead. Five further unanswered goals in the third quarter saw York lead 14-2 at one stage, but to their credit Lancaster fought valiantly to the end, managing to win the final quarter 6-3 to make the final score a touch more respectable.

Krish Balan and Rob Cosslett were prolific throughout, bagging six and five goals respectively to constitute the bulk of the scoring but York looked a superior outfit across the board and were never in any real danger of coming unstuck. Anna Yeomans also impressed with her phenomenal work rate and capped a fine performance with a goal of her own and several of Lancaster's rare forays deep in to York territory were repelled by the commanding figure of Mark Bickerdike in the York net.

The end result perhaps did not do justice to the gulf in class between the two sides and captain Phil Harold was not overly happy with his side's showing having allowed Lancaster to get the better of them in the closing stages. Nonetheless, this was a commanding display from York and both the men's and women's sides should go in to their fixtures tomorrow brimming with confidence.

loanemu Posted on Sunday 18 Aug 2019

America, Breaking News Update RSS Feeds. World News Aggregator website providing the top news headlines and web feeds publishing a fresh automated RSS news headline feed updates every few minutes with automated news feeds via RSS in the USA, Australia, Canada, UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and Around the World.