Fashion Fashion Editor Muse

Sofia Redgrave

Welcome to Nouse's Autumn Winter Fashion supplement - your essential guide to the London Shows.

Welcome to Nouse's Autumn Winter Fashion supplement - your essential guide to the London Shows. As well as catwalk coverage, we show you privileged access behind the scenes to introduce you to new make up and hair trends. In addition to LFW, Liam O'Brien explores the eclectic and fashionable life of Pete Burns. For those whose ultimate aspirations lie in fashion, we have also interviewed young industry insiders, who offer their advice.

Getting back to Fashion Week, the five day event celebrated its silver anniversary this season. It is still bursting with as much edgy style and unique spirit as London was 25 years ago, in suitable fashion patriotism for all that is British. A comment in the The Times' Fashion week report in 1984 is still applicable today: "The stand-out shows were from the designers who managed to put the creative energy of young London on the catwalk". Designers such as Betty Jackson and Jasper Conran have been showcasing for all of LFW's 25 years, but London also avidly supports its fresh talent. New designers are supported by schemes such as the Topshop New Generation sponsorship and the BFC Designer Fund.

Models at LFW are also finally being supported: Erin O'Connor and the BFC aim to prevent the preference for size 0 models prevailing on the catwalk. Erin has set up a "model sanctuary" to provide a place for them to relax and grab some food between shows.

Fashion Week opened with a beautiful show from Paul Costelloe in the BFC tent, and a surprise announcement from Harold Tillman, Chairman of the British Fashion Council, who revealed the new 'home' of LFW - Somerset House - moving Fashion Week from the Natural History Museum to the very heart of London.

It is evident that London Fashion Week and its designers have a determination to succeed. Even with our current economic downturn the shows were fun, vibrant and cutting edge.