News

Gravitas victory in York Apprentice

Team Gravitas won the first prize of PS500 from sponsor KPMG in the University of York's version of TV show The Apprentice. The competition, hosted by York Entrepreneurs, set tasks for eight teams over four days.

Images This article has had its images hidden due to a legal challenge. Learn more about images in the Nouse Archive

Team Gravitas won the first prize of £500 from sponsor KPMG in the University of York's version of TV show The Apprentice. The competition, hosted by York Entrepreneurs, set tasks for eight teams over four days.

Six teams went through to the second round after having to sell 36 doughnuts on the first day, with the two teams who made the least amount of money being knocked out.
The second task was a test of marketing skills in which each team was asked to come up with a pitch for the directors of the York Food and Drink Festival.

For the last task, the remaining three teams - Gravitas, Smorgasbord and York Vision - were allocated a student venue out of Derwent, Goodricke and Vanbrugh through a silent bid. The team that attracted the highest number of students with their event were to go forward to win the competition.

Gravitas won with their event 'Free D'. Of the win, Michael Batula from the successful team said: "The path of success is seldom walked by the multitude".

Latest in News